What I want to do with my life...

Welcome to A Crazy Man's MBRTB2 (Mt. Bike Race Training Blog #2). The first blog I started elsewhere but its address was too long for people to remember, so I tried Google and it is lots shorter. It is: http://mbrtb2.blogspot.com/

So there you go. Enjoy, or don't, I don't really care. I am having fun.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 3 & 4 - A Day late and a muscle short

Well, I am a day late, but here's what happened on Day 3, May 28, 2011 - It was a good workout.  I rode 20 minutes on land!  None of that mamby pamby "bike-on-a-treadmill-contraption-because-I-don't-have-the-money-to-buy-a-real-one" thing.  I went up hills, down hills, in my nightgown (that last part, untrue). I started at 20 til 7 PM and got back at 8:01 PM, then asked if anyone in the house wanted to go on my 10 minute warm-down walk, and almost got the sister-in-law to go with me, but she longingly looked at the TV and said, "but I wanted to watch this."  I said I'll see you later and took a 12 minute warm-down walk.  I timed it so that when I had walked about 5-6 minutes I turned around and walked the exact same path back. In the route creator part of this Active.com site it's called an Out-and-Back route (for a reason that is so obvious that I would waste valuable resources worldwide explaining said reason); you can create your own here: "activetrainer.com/route-planner" (put " www. " before the " activetrainer " part).  Click the green arrow to start.  Go Crazy folks!
So I was tired and happy and wondered when I was going to injur myself (or my spelling) because I had failed to stretch for the last 3 days.  Well, my answer came the very next day...
Day 4 - I was playing a sort of handball game with my nephew (we hit a tennis ball back and forth with our hands, trying to get a high amount of hits between the two of us before one of us could not hit the ball back to the other - a great game until my aged bones woke up, or rather, gave up).  OK, it actually was the muscles connected to the bones.  As a matter of fact, you will see what I strained/pulled/strained in the pic below (For the prudish, I have decided to NOT show the whole tuckus (YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID TUCKUS!):
gluteusmax.jpg
So I was actually just standing there at the time, not moving, turning, jumping, acting the fool, when I took a step with my left foot, turned a little to the right and said, "Oh, I've been hit in the... "You'd better not touch, certain areas of your body while you're out there on the football field."" (Just a little Cosby to lighten the mood)  So I said, "OW!" and had to stop the actually fun game with my nephew. I will never look at a tennis ball the same way again. :-(  We were bummed but thought it best to stop if I was going to be able to heal and play with him ever again.  Then I worried about mt. bike training, then I worried about the ACMMBRTB(MBRTB)! Would I ever blog again? 
I really knew I was in trouble when neph and I went to his house to play sitting toss-ball (stand and toss was out of the question at this point, as I am sure you can figure out) then HALO Wars and I wished I had one of those lazy-boy non-recliner type chairs that help you stand up by pushing you slowly to your feet - the whole chair lifts and separates, I mean, gets you to your feet.  Then I wondered what would happen if some mogwai got in the mix?  Then I thought it was silly, no matter what the Thermians say, movies and tv are not historical documentaries.  Maybe I was just getting worried for nothing, what could possibly go wrong?


Anyway so I did not work out today, Sunday, May 29, 2011.
I'll blog again when I am injury free - or at least when training won't cause any injuries to worsen.
Until then, don't eat yellow corn.
LATER...

No comments:

Post a Comment